Physicians and other healthcare professionals designed Blue Ridge Surgery Center with your well-being in mind.
Our Goals at Blue Ridge Surgery Center are to:
- Deliver warm, personalized care to elective, out-patient surgery patients.
- Provide clinical expertise for consistently high quality care that improves the quality of life for our patients, exceeding the patients' (and their families') expectations.
- Create and maintain an environment that fosters our staff and physician skills and abilities, working collaboratively to provide efficient, cost-effective services
Blue Surgery Center is committed to providing the highest quality care and services possible. We are participants in HCA's national quality improvement measurement program, "Best Practices." This program measures data on a monthly basis, compares it to other surgical centers nationwide, and then reports back to us where we stand in comparison. Blue Ridge Surgery Center also participates in the Federated Ambulatory Surgery Center Association programs. This organization is nationally recognized, and also gathers data, comparing and sharing results with their members nationwide.
Questions you might ask when choosing a surgery center for your outpatient procedure:
- Are you currently licensed by the state of Virginia to provide ambulatory surgical services? Including pediatric and geriatric patients? Including all types of anesthesia?
- Are you an approved Medicare provider?
- Are you fully accredited by JCAHO or AAAHC?
- Do you have an ongoing Quality Improvement and Risk Management Program?
- Are the Post Anesthesia Care nurses ACLS certified?
- Who is the owner of the surgical center?
- What type of emergency equipment is available?
- Are the Pediatric Post Anesthesia Care nurses PALS certified?
- Does the center have emergency and regular equipment for all age patients?
- What is the center's preventative maintenance program?
Your Doctor is performing your procedure at Blue Ridge Surgery Center for the following reasons:
- Reduced Costs: The surgery center offers care at economical rates. Reduced overhead, and careful monitoring of supply and equipment costs are reflected in low charges for your surgery.
- Faster Recovery: After a brief recovery time at the facility, you return to the comfort of your own home. Most people find that they heal much quicker and are able to return much more quickly to work and family commitments.
- Safety and Convenience: Blue Ridge Surgery Center offers convenient, free, valet parking. Located on the campus of Lewis- Gale Medical Center, Blue Ridge Surgery Center is within close proximity to an acute-care hospital if the need should arise.